• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobcat21
    JV Squad
    • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Champ Kind View Post
    Sounds like you're still mad.
    Just having fun with all this, you know me Champ.

Comment

• sonofsam
      The Yoda of Ohio Valley Sports
      • Jun 2010

I stayed away from this game all day. Tried to avoid a score, but NEWS9 really screwed up flashing it on the bottom of the screen when sports friday ran over a few minutes... I wanted to ring their necks for putting that score up.

1st Quarter was all Massie. 13 of the 19 points were very preventable by StC, It just totally appeared they were off their game plan and not in sync at all.

2nd Quarter is looking much better. That 1st might be the worst quarter of football i have seen StC play all year.

Congrats to the StC Red Devils on a great season... Way to fight back in this game. Good luck to all the talented young men leaving the team this year... You guys had a special team and an amazing ride...
      www.redskinschop.com

Comment

• HighHeat05
        Cheerleader
        • Jun 2008

Unless you've played in the state championship, ohmrfootball needs to keep his mouth shut.

Comment

• Tony_Shalub
          JV Squad
          • Oct 2012

I never post on forums, but I read everyday.

First off Congrats CM. Secondly congrats St.C on a heck of a season. I wish the posters on here would post with the same class that these 17-18 year old kids played with tonight. St.C lost with class CM won with class. Bayler Wolfe (sp?) tough as nails, looked like a hyper-extended knee, but I was watching without sound, so not sure what exactly happened. Heck of a game, neither team quit. These kids played in a game that not too many people can say that they have, so please do not take anything away from these kids. Im proud to be from St.C and moreso the Valley.

-Jake Kemo

Comment

• ThePatriot
            Suspended Member
            • Sep 2012

For as good and tough as StC's skill players are on offense, they looked just as not-so-tough on D. Not that they'd have made a difference as CM's line was too dominant but from what I saw of the game StC's top recruits didn't look like they wanted to stick their noses in their and bang heads with the backs from CM. Surprising.

Congrats to StC for fighting til the end. They lost to a great team. No shame there.

Comment

• bigredsdad
              Valued Contributor
              • Dec 2008

St. C had their opportunities. I questioned not attempting a FG on 4th and 10 in 2nd and didn't quite get the play calling on the 1st and goal opportunity early in the 4th. 10 potential points left on the field that "could have" made things a little different. But, its easy to sit second guess coaches once a game is over. All together different to make those decisions during the game.
              Yes St. C's tackling was less than ideal. We've come to expect that. I can't help but wonder, though, if a healthy Ferns is able to somewhat limit the effectiveness of the CM running game.
              I was really impressed with St. C's O line play. Yes CM got to Kinnick some. But no where near at the rate they had done all year. How many times did we hear #5 (DIV defensive player of the year) called for making plays? I can only think of a few.
              How long is it before we here about offers coming in for #6 and #2? I will even argue that #72 should recieve some. If the offers don't come in, there is something seriously wrong.
              Big difference in this ham? Size/Strength! Do.t think there were any spindly arms and legs wearing white and blue last night. A lesson to all of the Valley's young football players. Hit the weight room boys!
              Lastly... Congratulations Red Devils. You ventured into territory where only a few have from this area. You played well and honored yourselves by handling this season with class.

Comment

• superpro
                Cheerleader
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Jason Matkovich View Post
                3rd and 10 at the end of the 4th quarter and you do a qb draw up the middle? When has that ever worked with a player not named Michael Vick?
                But at least they converted a 4th down for a touchdown there but still questionable.
                Ferns re-injured his ankle and was probably more valuable as a blocker on offense, but this is the final game of the year and you're not playing basketball play both ways.

Still an amazing season from both teams. Turnovers will kill you 99% of the time
                He actually re-injured his knee, he was limping pretty bad even when he was playing. My hats off to this team we will always remember the fun and thrills they gave us this year.

Comment

• superpro
                  Cheerleader
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Jello Man View Post
                  I was going to be done with this site for the year. But since ohiomrfootball finally came out of hiding following 14 straight St. C. wins, I will make an exception.

I am not going to say anything negative about Dave Bruney because he is a quality individual and a fine coach.

YOU, however, ohiomrfootball, are a different story. Clear back in the preseason, you swore up and down that Wheeling Park was going to "dominate the line of scrimmage" against St. C. We all know how that turned out.

After making 1 comment about St. C.'s game against Brooke, you went into hiding when you saw how good this team was.

Now, after a 10-point loss to the team that has scored more points than any other team EVER in the state of Ohio, you want to come back out to act like you knew something about St. C.'s team.

Therefore:

Whenever you are ready, ohiomrfootball, call St. C. High to let them know that you are coming to look at the shiny OHSAA runner-up trophy. I mean, since your team does not have one, we will be glad to let you look at ours.

Have a good winter and spring, ohiomrfootball !
                  Great post thanks.

Comment

• Harvard/Yale
                    Valued Contributor
                    • Oct 2012

This game was on Sports Time Ohio. They showed Urban Meyer watching from sidelines. Ferns had verbally committed to Michigan and Monteroso has verbally committed to Boston College. VERBALLY means nothing to Urban. With Urban's track record, that all can change. Let's keep these boys in Ohio!! I'm sure there's some Clinton-Massie players he'd be interested in also.
                    Last edited by Harvard/Yale; 12-01-2012, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Justpunt
                      All Ohio Valley
                      • Jul 2010

The coach at Boston College is gone so I would not be surprised if Monteroso changes his mind.

Comment

• Purplesage
                        OVATHLETICS.COM 3K CLUB
                        • Aug 2010

Here's something interesting... This is what happens when NOBODY PUNTS TWICE!!!!!!! Ah Champkind???????
                        GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Champ Kind
                          Valued Contributor
                          • Apr 2010

Neither?

Comment

• Purplesage
                            OVATHLETICS.COM 3K CLUB
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Champ Kind View Post
                            Neither?
                            1punt by Massie, remember StC lined up for one but ran fake and got first down!!!!!
                            GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Devil_chaser
                              Season Ticket Holder
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Purplesage View Post
                              1punt by Massie, remember StC lined up for one but ran fake and got first down!!!!!
                              St C. Did punt once later. St. C. outscored them in quarters 2-4 36-27. Tough to beat a team like that spotting them a 19 point lead.

By the way, the support from our local rivals has not gone unnoticed and it is appreciated.

Comment

• bigredbuck
                                Suspended Member
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Harvard/Yale View Post
                                This game was on Sports Time Ohio. They showed Urban Meyer watching from sidelines. Ferns had verbally committed to Michigan and Monteroso has verbally committed to Boston College. VERBALLY means nothing to Urban. With Urban's track record, that all can change. Let's keep these boys in Ohio!! I'm sure there's some Clinton-Massie players he'd be interested in also.
                                OK..Let's cut the chatter on this. I've watched StC play a number of times. I've watched a WHOLE bunch of high school football this year. Coach Meyer is not looking to take Ferns. This young man isn't Coach meyer's type. If you are a buckeye fan you should be thanking Coach Hoke for taking him. He has a GREAT PR team but he just hasn't lived up to the hype. Maybe he will next year. Great season for the StC Red Devils!!

Comment

Working...
                                X