• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gocolts
    Season Ticket Holder
    • Apr 2010

Meadowbrook (8-3) vs Ridgewood (10-1) @ New Philadelphia Quaker Stadium

The Colts had no trouble dispatching their 1st round opponent, of which many said "how did they get here?" I don't know. Rumors that they lost an important player the week before, but they were just rumors. Ridgewood beat Amanda-Clearcreek to get here. Should be a good one! Thoughts? Go Colts!
  • BuckeyeNation
    Cheerleader
    • Sep 2017

Oak Hill was without their best player #32. But it wouldn’t have made that much difference. Colts playing very well on both sides of the ball right now. Ridgewood is solid and very well coached. Should be a great game

Comment

• ohio3002
      OVATHLETICS.COM 3K CLUB
      • Aug 2011

Oak Hill had 0 chance in that game no matter who was playing. No size. Ridgewood a different story. This could be a very good match. Don't turn the ball over in this one.

Comment

• Redengineer
        Valued Contributor
        • Sep 2010

Good luck Colts
        RIP Albert Ottenweiler, the last true Bishop of Steubenville.

Comment

• 1 day @ a time
          Valued Contributor
          • Mar 2017

Good luck meadowbrook ��

Comment

• firstward4ever
            Ohio Valley Sports Expert
            • Oct 2010

Good luck Meadowbrook
            Tough times don't last but tough people do

Comment

• gocolts
              Season Ticket Holder
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by ohio3002 View Post
              Oak Hill had 0 chance in that game no matter who was playing. No size. Ridgewood a different story. This could be a very good match. Don't turn the ball over in this one.

This was actually the Colts bugaboo against teams that beat them, especially St. C. They have gotten better, which is good to see. Line play, as is often the case, will go a long way in determining this game for sure.

Comment

• Bob-CatQB
                Rookie
                • Nov 2018

Look out Ridgewood. Meadowbrook has always been extremely dirty and cheap since this coach has been there. I'm shocked he (and the administration) let's the kids act this way. I guess it is true that attitude reflects leadership. Hoping Ridgewood can stay healthy during this game as Meadowbrook WILL try to purposely injure kids. Last year in the playoff game vs Indian Valley they pulled the ultimate cheap shot on a kick off once they were down multiple scores to IV and knocked a kid out. If you want to judge for yourself if it was dirty you can watch the game from last year on the big time sports page (https://vimeo.com/241466264) and go to the 2:27:45 mark and you tell me? No room for that type of behavior being allowed in high school sports. In the game against the team I follow they purposely injured a player on a kick off which led to a scuffle. It's just unreal that this is allowed to go on.

Comment

• BuckeyeNation
                  Cheerleader
                  • Sep 2017

Lol

Comment

• twotoe
                    Cheerleader
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Bob-CatQB View Post
                    Look out Ridgewood. Meadowbrook has always been extremely dirty and cheap since this coach has been there. I'm shocked he (and the administration) let's the kids act this way. I guess it is true that attitude reflects leadership. Hoping Ridgewood can stay healthy during this game as Meadowbrook WILL try to purposely injure kids. Last year in the playoff game vs Indian Valley they pulled the ultimate cheap shot on a kick off once they were down multiple scores to IV and knocked a kid out. If you want to judge for yourself if it was dirty you can watch the game from last year on the big time sports page (https://vimeo.com/241466264) and go to the 2:27:45 mark and you tell me? No room for that type of behavior being allowed in high school sports. In the game against the team I follow they purposely injured a player on a kick off which led to a scuffle. It's just unreal that this is allowed to go on.
                    Check this guy out....lol. talk about fake news.
                    Get your ass kicked and suddenly two guys diving for a football is "DIRTY" lol....

Comment

• Crudmucker
                      Rookie
                      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by twotoe View Post
                      Check this guy out....lol. talk about fake news.
                      Get your ass kicked and suddenly two guys diving for a football is "DIRTY" lol....
                      I didn't notice it at first either because I was watching the ball and the anouncers were horrible so there was no mention of the injured player.

You have to watch the right side of the screen. It happened mostly off camera so, it is hard to tell if it was a cheap shot or just an aggressive block as you cannot tell if the player he hit was stopped or also trying to block.

Comment

• twotoe
                        Cheerleader
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Crudmucker View Post
                        I didn't notice it at first either because I was watching the ball and the anouncers were horrible so there was no mention of the injured player.

You have to watch the right side of the screen. It happened mostly off camera so, it is hard to tell if it was a cheap shot or just an aggressive block as you cannot tell if the player he hit was stopped or also trying to block.
                        It doesn't matter if it was or wasn't. One play certainly doesn't make the program dirty. Just a whiney ass Bob kitten fan

Comment

• Crudmucker
                          Rookie
                          • Sep 2015

I personally couldn't care less.
                          I came in this thread to see what people are saying about the game as, I always like to see Meadoebrook do well do to having a friend who teaches/coaches there.

The "ultimate cheap shot" comment peaked my curiousity so I watched the video.

Judging by the post I figured it would be blatantly obvious but, it was not.

Comment

• dawoodsoldier
                            Cheerleader
                            • Sep 2011

I personally couldn't care less.
                            I came in this thread to see what people are saying about the game as, I always like to see Meadoebrook do well do to having a friend who teaches/coaches there.

The "ultimate cheap shot" comment peaked my curiousity so I watched the video.

Judging by the post I figured it would be blatantly obvious but, it was not.
                            Not sure what people are watching if they call that not "blatant"...The hit occurs on Indian Valleys kicker, hes trailing the play and the ball carrier is down, dives on the squib kick, player comes from behind scrum of players and absolutely levels the kicker for Indian Valley. Probably what most would consider uncalled for...
                            Last edited by dawoodsoldier; 11-06-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• SwiperNoSwipey
                              Cheerleader
                              • Sep 2012

Not really sure how you say it happened mostly off camera? I just watched it multiple times and it appears the Meadowbrook guy makes a bee line through other people to take the kicker out as he is all but stopped because the ball is down. You can see all that on the screen. The IV guy is not around anyone trying to block lol

Comment

Working...
                              X