• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the oracle
    Season Ticket Holder
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BIGED View Post
    Can't believe anyone doubts who has been the top program in the valley over the past 40 years. Everyone plays games with a scoreboard and trophies at the end of the year. Last time I checked we even kept track of records and everything. One school has consistently dominated the others. Like it or not it is a fact. Just because you don't like means nothing.
    And just because you're an egotistical butthurt Big Red fan means nothing. Correct me if I'm wrong but we were discussing why people don't like Big Red but typically, in rote robotic fashion, you've made the conversation entirely about your trophies and how great you think you are. I'm getting to the point that I don't believe that fans like you are even capable of talking about anything else. I could ask what you had for dinner and your response would probably be "Roll Red Roll." No I asked what you had for dinner, like what did you eat. "We have championship pedigree. We're Big Red!" Ooookay, so did you have anything to drink? "We have more trophies than you." Like a true testosterone juiced, pickup truck-drivin' beer-drinkin' right brain idiot, I don't think you'd ever answer the question. Am I wrong? Let's just take your past two games against New Philly. Was Big Red the greatest thing since sliced bread in those two games? Where was your championship pedigree in those games and what happened against Dover. "Roll Red Roll. We have more trophies than you." Great conversation.

Comment

• BIGED
      Season Ticket Holder
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by the oracle View Post
      And just because you're an egotistical butthurt Big Red fan means nothing. Correct me if I'm wrong but we were discussing why people don't like Big Red but typically, in rote robotic fashion, you've made the conversation entirely about your trophies and how great you think you are. I'm getting to the point that I don't believe that fans like you are even capable of talking about anything else. I could ask what you had for dinner and your response would probably be "Roll Red Roll." No I asked what you had for dinner, like what did you eat. "We have championship pedigree. We're Big Red!" Ooookay, so did you have anything to drink? "We have more trophies than you." Like a true testosterone juiced, pickup truck-drivin' beer-drinkin' right brain idiot, I don't think you'd ever answer the question. Am I wrong? Let's just take your past two games against New Philly. Was Big Red the greatest thing since sliced bread in those two games? Where was your championship pedigree in those games and what happened against Dover. "Roll Red Roll. We have more trophies than you." Great conversation.

You are something else. You picked a fight for basically saying that this message board has a thread every year concerning Steubenville High Schools schedule.
      I respect the commitment dominance and excellence Steubenville high has demonstrated over the years. Personally I wouldn't consider my fandom tied to Big Red. Never went to Big Red and my kids attend another school. What I do like is a valley school able to compete statewide. Have been to a few games at Liberty. The atmosphere is nothing like a Friday night in Death Valley.

Comment

• 71Malkinmania
        Valued Contributor
        • Nov 2017

Originally posted by eyenomorethanu View Post
        Nine home games once again. This is an issue that should be addressed by the OHSAA, but probably won?t. OL is a very good pick up for Steubenville. Big Red is primed and ready to make a serious playoff run this year. All the components are there, with the main one being a QB that can throw the ball. The one thing that would put them over the top would be the hiring of an offensive guru to put a few wrinkles, okay a bunch of wrinkles, into a bland stagnant offensive scheme. Best of luck to Big Red this year and down the road.
        What on earth would the OHSAA address?? If you can get games and make your schedule do it. Some people here need to start worrying about that strength of schedule OHSAA may throw in. Playing down 2-3 divisions just to play OVAC schools may not cut it for the playoffs. Maybe just maybe some of those schools will be calling Steubenville for a game. 😂🤣😂

Nevermind, no they won?t. They will stick to traveling to places like Edison and Buckeye and then comment here. ?See, we play road games and Big Red don?t?. 😂🤣😂

Comment

• eyenomorethanu
          All Ohio Valley
          • Jul 2008

If you don’t think playing eight or nine home games a year is an advantage, you are as dumb as a horses azz. Yes the OHSAA could step in and put a stop to that. The topic of discussion on this thread is Steubenville’s schedule and I commented on it. Typical blow hard response to a comment you don’t agree with.

Comment

• RollRed
            All Ohio Valley
            • Oct 2013

If you don?t think playing eight or nine home games a year is an advantage, you are as dumb as a horses azz. Yes the OHSAA could step in and put a stop to that. The topic of discussion on this thread is Steubenville?s schedule and I commented on it. Typical blow hard response to a comment you don?t agree with.
            Big Red is an Independent. OVAC has NO mandatory scheduling. Reno has stated before that he would like to play 7-8 home games.

Also, you need to remember that teams AGREE to come here. It?s not like they are forced. Big Red does play Home/Home with majority of in-state teams. There is a whole list of them if you don?t believe me.
            "Show them why We Are Big Red"

Comment

• shadysidesue
              The Yoda of Ohio Valley Sports
              • Sep 2010

Reading posts and how tempers flare...let's remember...these are high school athletes representing their school, your school and they do their best to represent. Shadyside 'TIGERS' are my team and always know and expect them to represent the orange/black tradition. We ALL (in this Ohio Valley) have to acknowledge the EXCELLENCE of STEUBENVILLE 'BIG RED' football, come on....their record speaks for itself. They stand apart from all programs in the valley. Just because they have a down year doesn't mean the tradition of EXCELLENCE has left the building. As for scheduling 'home' games...wish Shadyside could do that...great for the hometown fans. smile Shadyside is kind of like a little 'brother' to Steubenville...our town is full of nutty 'Tiger' fans...keep up being nutty 'Big Red' fans...never stop guys! Egos get in the way but it's the athletes who play on the field when fall rolls around. Bet they read these posts and get a big kick out of a lot of them. We all take ourselves too seriously when sports come into play but hey...that's the fun of competition. Athletes don't work their rears off preparing for football season to play bad football...let's appreciate each and every one of them. Meanwhile, I'll step out of the room and let you posters go to it. SMILE
              Tiger Pride Is On Our Side!!

Comment

• BIGED
                Season Ticket Holder
                • Sep 2008

If you don’t think playing eight or nine home games a year is an advantage, you are as dumb as a horses azz. Yes the OHSAA could step in and put a stop to that. The topic of discussion on this thread is Steubenville’s schedule and I commented on it. Typical blow hard response to a comment you don’t agree with.
                It isnt a matter of not liking your post and opinion. It is foolish to assume the ohsaa has any control over individual school schedules. Trust me they don't care and have no authority over individual school schedules

Comment

• 71Malkinmania
                  Valued Contributor
                  • Nov 2017

If you don?t think playing eight or nine home games a year is an advantage, you are as dumb as a horses azz. Yes the OHSAA could step in and put a stop to that. The topic of discussion on this thread is Steubenville?s schedule and I commented on it. Typical blow hard response to a comment you don?t agree with.
                  Or typical IC fan response.... No doubt OHSAA has way better things to worry about than a HS team filling its schedule as it sees fit.

Comment

• 1 day @ a time
                    Valued Contributor
                    • Mar 2017

If you hate Big Red in the valley, get better and beat them. They have no reason to play more then 2-3 teams in the Valley each year.

Comment

• SlimCharles
                      Valued Contributor
                      • Aug 2012

Brooke, Park, St C, Dover, NP, Morgantown, Desales, Boardman, Watterson, St V, Massillon, EL, Park, etc...Big Red has played home and home with all of them. You complain about Big Red but 95% of the teams in the ovac voted against mandatory scheduling. Big Red voted for it.

Comment

• SlimCharles
                        Valued Contributor
                        • Aug 2012

People don't like Big Red because they win, you're one of those people. It's ok, just admit it. The truth will set you free.

Comment

• bwana
                          All Ohio Valley
                          • Nov 2012

It isnt a matter of not liking your post and opinion. It is foolish to assume the ohsaa has any control over individual school schedules. Trust me they don't care and have no authority over individual school schedules
                          They could have the authority, if they wanted it. And if the OHSAA was truly interested in competitive balance, they would want it. Let's face it, almost all of the rest of the football loving world is already content with five home games and five away.
                          "The older I get, the better I was."
                          ~Van Dyke Parks~

Comment

• BIGED
                            Season Ticket Holder
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by bwana View Post
                            They could have the authority, if they wanted it. And if the OHSAA was truly interested in competitive balance, they would want it. Let's face it, almost all of the rest of the football loving world is already content with five home games and five away.
                            Until the OHSAA comes up with mandatory schedules by division and region your criticism of the home games is misguided. Steubenville would win 10/10 home or away regardless of location for the vast majority of ovac schools

Comment

• the oracle
                              Season Ticket Holder
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SlimCharles View Post
                              People don't like Big Red because they win, you're one of those people. It's ok, just admit it. The truth will set you free.
                              Okay, I'll admit it - you're a moron. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get that out. Don't you have a gas station to attend? Your mom let you out again? Ugh.

Until the OHSAA comes up with mandatory schedules by division and region your criticism of the home games is misguided. Steubenville would win 10/10 home or away regardless of location for the vast majority of ovac schools
                              You miss the point. Whether they win or lose, it's the inherent decency and fairness that comes with a balanced schedule of five home and five away. Only Big Red fans make excuses for their stupid-ass 8/9 home games and 2 away. No one will schedule us, you don't like us because we're champions, you have to beat the "top dogs" (us), blah blah blah.. all shameless self-promotion. The consummate "look at me" program and fanbase.

Comment

• SlimCharles
                                Valued Contributor
                                • Aug 2012

Okay, I'll admit it - you're a moron. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get that out. Don't you have a gas station to attend? Your mom let you out again? Ugh.

You miss the point. Whether they win or lose, it's the inherent decency and fairness that comes with a balanced schedule of five home and five away. Only Big Red fans make excuses for their stupid-ass 8/9 home games and 2 away. No one will schedule us, you don't like us because we're champions, you have to beat the "top dogs" (us), blah blah blah.. all shameless self-promotion. The consummate "look at me" program and fanbase.
                                Quit crying loser...have some self respect.

Comment

Working...
                                X