St. Clairsville
    Magnolia
    Meadowbrook
    Indian Creek
    Martins Ferry
    Oak Glen
    Tyler Cons
    Union Local

St. Clairsville was the top dog of this group a year ago... but is seems like they graduated all their superstars from a year. Union Local lost some key players but they are returning a solid group and they have one of the better young coaching staffs in the OVAC. Word has it that Greg Bonar is on the hot seat in Bellaire after his players didnt respond very well last year... but I'm sure that he will turn things around with his complex fun & gun offense.
    "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)
  • gjalways
    THE LAW
    • Jun 2008

I think you left out Wheeling Central (or did they drop to AA?). Anyway, I think Ferry will be tough to beat. They were veryt average last year, but had some guys banged up.

Harrison returns something like 18 starters and could potentially do some damage.

St. C, though they lost alot might make a run at the playoffs.

UL should be good on O, but not so good on D.

Bellaire will be on their way back up, but still have some work to do.

Magnolia lost Zadewicz(spelling?), but return a good Soph. QB that started as a Frosh.

Oak Glen probably won't be very good again.

Indian Creek will be kind of a wild card. Can they turn the corner this year?
    "I hope the EL players don't make a habit of jumping over players...#6 tried against Park...didn't work and he was almost made a liberal democrat on the spot..." - Kappy

Comment

• BrianGossett
      Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
      • Jun 2008

Did I put Wheeling Central in the wrong class?

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• gjalways
        THE LAW
        • Jun 2008

Not sure. According to the OVAC website, they are AAA, but those might be this past years enrollment numbers though.
        "I hope the EL players don't make a habit of jumping over players...#6 tried against Park...didn't work and he was almost made a liberal democrat on the spot..." - Kappy

Comment

• OVACPROUD
          Rookie
          • Jun 2008

Indian Creek is 4A

Comment

• ferflog
            Moderator & Donating Member
            • Jun 2008

Just had an OVAC meeting today. Wheeling Central will be "AA" for the 2008-2009 school year. The only other change is that Cameron will drop down to "A" for the upcoming year.
            You can take the boy out of the 'Ville, but you can't take the 'Ville out of the boy!!!

Comment

• GoRiders
              Cheerleader
              • Jun 2008

That's a shame.

Comment

• supercoop
                Cheerleader
                • Jun 2008

That doesn't surprize me at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those "students" from Wahington Pa. must have found a better school in their own neighborhood.................

Comment

• GoRiders
                  Cheerleader
                  • Jun 2008

Wheeling Central should man up and ask to play in AAA OVAC.

Comment

• BUCKEYE
                    All Ohio Valley
                    • Jun 2008

Why do you want Central in 3A? Ferry had a hard enough time as it was last year...
                    OHIO STATE Buckeyes

Wheeling Central Maroon Knights

Comment

• StCRedDevils
                      Valued Contributor
                      • Jun 2008

From last seasons results to what teams have returning this season, I would tend to think the top spot will be a battle between Ferry and St. Clairsville. I am looking forward to a great battle in the OVAC 3A and Buckeye 8.
                      RED DEVIL PRIDE

Comment

• supercoop
                        Cheerleader
                        • Jun 2008

BUCKEYE....I'm not sure what team that you favor, but if they had the amount of injuries that Ferry had last season, you would have forfieted the remainder of the season. I know that injuries ARE a major part of the game, but to have over half of your starting lineup limping on the sidelines is tough. Ferry WILL be back in the hunt this season.

Comment

• BrianGossett
                          • Jun 2008

How is that young running back Ferry has? He didnt graduate did he? I hear this kid is a serious stud... think his last name is Murray? Did he graduate?

Comment

• BUCKEYE
                            All Ohio Valley
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by supercoop View Post
                            BUCKEYE....I'm not sure what team that you favor, but if they had the amount of injuries that Ferry had last season, you would have forfieted the remainder of the season. I know that injuries ARE a major part of the game, but to have over half of your starting lineup limping on the sidelines is tough. Ferry WILL be back in the hunt this season.

I just gotta get my punches in while I can...
                            OHIO STATE Buckeyes

Wheeling Central Maroon Knights

Comment

• BrianGossett
                              • Jun 2008

play nice

Comment

Working...
                              X