• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shaggy71
    SEAN SMITH
    • Jun 2008

Smitty's School of Wrestling

http://www.ovathletics.com/forum/sho...7047#post47047

Looks like a great opportunity for the Tri State!
    Last edited by shaggy71; 07-22-2009, 04:07 PM.
  • BrianGossett
    Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
    • Jun 2008

It sure does!

Smitty just became an Official Sponsor of the site, so I'm proud to help him promote this event to the fullest.

All around good guy, who has the Valleys best interest at hand.
    "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• grambylegend11
      All Ohio Valley
      • Aug 2008

Do the kids actually have to wrestle on Smitty's carpet?.....I herd it makes them tougher.....lol......I'm all for it......
      Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
      ~Ricky Bobby(2006)

Comment

• shaggy71
        SEAN SMITH
        • Jun 2008

Yep indoor outdoor carpet, imagine the mat burns!
        lol

Comment

• powtowner
          Valued Contributor
          • Jul 2008

I hope this takes hold in the valley. Quest is 50 mins away and offers the best competition from Western PA, It is a great room. As far as Jim, not a big fan, thats my opinion. Western PA and to some point the northern panhandle of West Virginia has bad biddy and middle school coaches that don't want to travel or compete on a national level. This is what seperates Quest from many "teams" around the valley. The competition in the room is unbelievible. Hopefully, Mike, you can gain some of the kids that would go there, that would make your school a success. It will take time.

Our team is probably the closest to being a club biddy team south of I70 in the valley. On the night of our advanced practice we make it a point at the end of practice to mention who we are after. We want to beat Quest, Miron, Prodigy....etc. Hopefully Team Smitty will join this group. see you this season. If you need any help with the little guys give me a shout thats my specialty. I'm always willing to help.

Comment

• shaggy71
            SEAN SMITH
            • Jun 2008

September 5th tournament is heating up. If you are a middle weight 140-152 some confirmed names are Joel Paolo Oak Glen, Art Hobley Steubenville, Brandon Staudacher Indian Creek, & Danny Costa Edison. Looks like a good start!

Comment

• BrianGossett
              Founder of OVATHLETICS.COM
              • Jun 2008

shaggy, i took out the link on yours the other week and put ours in... can you include your link in the orginal thread also please. I wanted to ADD mine, and not delete yours.

Thanks.
              "Failure gave me Strength... Pain was my Motivation" - Michael Jordan

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle... victorious." - Vince Lombardi (1913-1970)

Comment

• shaggy71
                SEAN SMITH
                • Jun 2008

No problem

Comment

• powtowner
                  Valued Contributor
                  • Jul 2008

I took both my boys there, albeit out of shape, and they had a hard time in a good way. I saw some old friends and got to watch some film it is a very good time recommend it to all.

Comment

• shaggy71
                    SEAN SMITH
                    • Jun 2008

Great news! Will you guys be attending the tournament this Saturday?

Comment

• innoshape
                      Cheerleader
                      • Feb 2010

Has Smitty's picked a weekend in June for a possible Coaches clinic folkstyle tourney and kids clinic for the weekend? Sounds like a great idea!

Comment

• innoshape
                        Cheerleader
                        • Feb 2010

Smitty's Sportatorium has pre-season wrestling conditioning from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mondays thru Thursdays.

Comment

Working...
                        X