• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OwnerThomas
    Admin / Owner
    • Sep 2022

I love the Irish

Yes, that's right! I do love the Irish and I want the very first post in the section. If there are any other fans in here, tell me your favorite memory of them. personally, mine is just being on the campus. Seeing the Grotto at night, the trumpets under the dome, and the players walk. IT'S JUST AN AMAZING PLACE. Oh, don't forget the Irish Guard.
  • cas8043
    Donating Member
    • Jul 2008

I was at the 1988 Catholics v. convicts game. Tremendous atmosphere. The pregame fight was right in front off our section. I also was at Michigan when Rocket returned to kickoffs for TDs, the Michigan crowd wanted to hang Bo for kicking it to him the second time.
    http://www.wtov9.com/video/26022754/index.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5WeByMzLSc

Comment

• barefacts
      The Yoda of Ohio Valley Sports
      • Jun 2011

The "Tie One For The Gipper Game" 10-10 vs. Michigan State.

Comment

• barefacts
        • Jun 2011

USC down 24-0 at the half. Scored 52 unanswered points in the 2nd half. Final 52-24 USC. Unbelievable.

Comment

• Weez
          Valued Contributor
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by cas8043 View Post
          I was at the 1988 Catholics v. convicts game. Tremendous atmosphere. The pregame fight was right in front off our section. I also was at Michigan when Rocket returned to kickoffs for TDs, the Michigan crowd wanted to hang Bo for kicking it to him the second time.
          I remember that Miami game. Was my sophomore year. Jumped over the wall from student section, realized it was a longer drop than expected but fortunately didn’t break anything. Next thing I know, I’m on Pat Eilers shoulders in the middle of the field. Pat not only played football, he was a teammate on the baseball team. That entire year was great. We actually beat Miami baseball team the night before in what was called “The Battle before the War.”

Comment

• Tigerfan
            Valued Contributor
            • Sep 2010

Biggest memory, attending my 2nd game during the 88 season...got to see them beat PSU. Got to stay the night in Derek Brown's dorm room and go to the team party at Michael Stonebreakers or Ned Bolcar's house. Met most of the National Championship team.
            YOU'RE NOT BORN A WINNER....YOU'RE NOT BORN A LOSER.....YOU ARE BORN A CHOOSER

Comment

• Tigerfan
              Valued Contributor
              • Sep 2010

Non football....it would have to be the women's national championship game in Columbus. Sat a few rows back with my daughter directly watching Arike Ogunbalwale drain the three to win it for the Irish!!!! Stayed after for the celebration and got to meet all the players and coaches.
              YOU'RE NOT BORN A WINNER....YOU'RE NOT BORN A LOSER.....YOU ARE BORN A CHOOSER

Comment

• shadysidesue
                • Sep 2010

GREAT tradition...Notre Dame football! How about the opening football game in the 2023 season being played in Dublin this Saturday, August 26th, vs Navy? What time is this game going to be played and can we watch it in the USA? Go IRISH! smile
                Tiger Pride Is On Our Side!!

Comment

• IrishFan
                  All Ohio Valley
                  • Jan 2018

I don’t know how I missed this, blame old age, lol
                  Growing up in Southwestern Michigan (15 mins north of South Bend), I was lucky enough to have High School teachers who were alumni of Notre Dame. For community service hrs., we would sign up to work as clean up crews (football, basketball, wrestling, volleyball). When Lou Holtz was coaching, his bodyguard owned a lot of McDonald’s franchises, and a few sporting goods stores. He always made sure those of us that were Irish fans & couldn’t afford it, had all those beloved clothing lines of the “Irish”. After graduating from HS, I took a job in Georgia & regret doing so. A lot of the football players & extras in the movie “Rudy” were from my graduation class.

Comment

Working...
                  X